Sunday, January 18, 2009

idle ramblings.....

So many things going on.... so many idle stuff to talk about yet I haven't a fricking clue on which to start on...Like my aching back... or the window shopping at Haji lane with Inez... or... actually I forgot what else I wanted to ramble about.. I've really short memory attention span...
I think I shall post pictures and then just talk rubbish...

spotted this torn picture stuck on a drain pipe outside NAFA... ironically mommie and I + a pair of grumbling twins overshot our stop and we ended up outside NAFA.. spotted a bakery selling baking stuff..... and mommy dragged us in saying ''Haiyo mummy wants to take a look only not buy."
mmph ended up lugging several packets of flour and almond and vanilla essence in my backpack... how heavy... my poor aching back... 
Photobucket

This was just outside the bakery. Wanted to go upstairs to explore... but naw... 
Photobucket

In the centre of Rocher square its been tradition to put up yearly predictions for the 12 zodiac signs. Here's the bunneh one.
Photobucket
Mom: (after reading the chinese text) tsk! Rabbit year not good for you this year. Better stay away from hospitals and be more careful.
Me: (double take) huh?! The english one never mentioned anything about hospitals... Only that there's possible accidents and bloodshed from cuts and injuries. (wow bloodshed.. I see myself in the middle of a battlefield with only a sword to fend myself while the rest of the world is using guns and stuff... >.>)
Sisters: (musing) its interesting how 2 chinese sentences can translate into so much including telling you about staying away from the hospital.

Went off to get chinese new year munchies.... managed to find the shop that we frequent every year.... to cut a long story short, alot of shops relocated or moved after the King Albert Hawker centre was got closed for renovations. 
Spotted this bottle of sea cucumbers soaked in brine... 
My mind saw it rather as rotting bottled mouldering dicks soaked in brine..... quite a gross sight for my minds eye actually... Blegh!
Photobucket

This year has been really tight...because chinese new year is normally in the february period. Its rather Rather early this year... So poor mommy doesn't have time to prepare the usual goodies of almond cookies and pineapple tarts... or rather pineapple tarts... I believe she'll still be making almond cookies... So we're buying most of the snackables this time....
Photobucket

well late noon came and mommy+grumbling sisters decided to go home... met up with Inez to go shopping at haji lane... More stuff for me to photograph yay!
Photobucket

I feel sorry for the owner of this shop space... The sign has been put up in vain... 
Photobucket

I do wonder what the leaves are for....
Photobucket

I keep having this mental image of angry spirits hovering irately outside the shop door unable to enter because the leaves are holy and form some kind of barrier preventing them from going in.... but I'm sure the leaves mean something else.

Found this charming lil shop on the second floor.... Quite fascinating actually.... An antique payphone... but it doesn't work of course... more for display purposes....
Photobucket

Plus they seem to like nutcrackers..... they have loads of it everywhere! Just that I was too lazy to photograph it.... 
Photobucket

Apparently they have Kimmidolls too!
Quite cute isn't it? I've one at home too... I think she's called Miyuki. 
Photobucket

Plus the light fixtures! So fascinating! For me anyways.... There's one that looked like innards? All we gotta do is have it emit red light instead and we're good to go. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I bought my 50mm it came with a CPL filter... I never used it at all as I didn't really know what it was for until one day it literally just dawned on my... while I was cycling with my shades on...(the sunglass lenses were brown you see and so was the CPL filter...) So I more or less figured it out after that... On maximizing it for usage... I learnt apparently its really good for objects which has reflection that you wish to remove... or sometimes its good also if you want to bring out the blue in the skies... but I'm sure an ND filter might do the trick... tsk... I have alot of theories I suspect I've finally comprehended... But no money to get the equipment to test out the theory. ;P

Photobucket

Anyways yeah Inez got her Fedora at last... The picture was supposed to be in color but unfortunately it was rather underexposed and I was too lazy to adjust the in camera color balance so I set everything to Auto White Balance... I did shoot in raw but even so there was quite abit of noise in the picture which I simply dislike... So i figured okay lets play with monochromes instead.  Resulting in this.... Quite nice actually... 

Photobucket

There were lots of balls in the room... lots and lots of balls hanging from the ceiling.
Photobucket

I inverted the colors by accident and I got this funky picture... 
strange but cool...

Photobucket

Lastly, Guess who we spotted when we went for dinner?
Photobucket
Wonder where's Oscar.... They left him out! :<
I like oscar the grouch... He's such an ass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment