Thursday, March 5, 2009

I want you

I was out at my cousin's the other day to visit. She's taken a big step in her life by taking a years' worth of unpaid leave from teaching. Her son caught pneumonia and gastric infection and she freaked out. Had she taken Lukas to the hospital a day late he might have croaked.
Anyways thats not today's topic.
Rather,
the topic is about Bonnie this time.
while out having tea with Cindy I learnt that Bonnie has passed away just after chinese new year.
I learnt of the news so late only because they dared not break it to me.
Bonnie being the fluffy hairy persian that my aunt keeps and I love to bits.
She's like I just stated,
hairy, fluffy, flat faced and extremely good natured....
I'd carry her all over the house snuggling her and she doesn't give a damn.
She started out as a wee lil itty bitty kitty in around '98.
She was adopted by my cousin and wow she shat everywhere. She had quite abit of health problem and it was a nightmare trying to potty train her. Had she not been adopted the previous owner might have had her put to sleep because she had a scratch inflicted in her eye by her sibling thus infecting it.
She battled the infection for quite awhile and we thought she would be blind.
The years passed and sometimes I'd sleep over at my aunt's for fun. I'd be knocked out at night and next morning when I wake sometimes she'll be on the bed with me. Just waiting patiently for me to wake, her tail swishing gently left to right in a non existent breeze.
She made me sneeze alot though sometimes because she's so furry but I'll still snuggle her all the same.
Then recently a few days after chinese new year my aunt couldn't find her. She hunted high and low to no avail. Then she learnt from her neighbour downstairs about a cleaner removing a body of a grey cat with a red 'kerchief tied around her neck on the ground floor.
( Bonnie's vain. She gets to go to the groomer to get her fur done up all nice. Her brothers shunned her once because she came back smelling all salon-ish and they got jealous)
She must have fallen to her death. She likes to sit on the balcony edge during the day when aunt is not home and just snooze. I guess she must have slipped and fallen.
What a terrible way to go.
Now that she's gone her brother Smoky has been calling for her day and night, meowing loudly in hope that she would appear one day to play catch again.
I'll miss Bonnie.
Hope you'll rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment